Slough Town 2 Bromley 2

Sunday 05th February 2006
Bromley fought back from 2-0 down to grab a vital point at Slough’s rented home in Windsor on Saturday, writes Colin Head.

On a very difficult pitch Bromley found themselves under pressure from the kick off and young Keeper Mark Davidson had to be on top form to keep the home side out.

Bromley finally broke up the slope and Sam Wood fired just wide with The Ravens first shot.

Gary Drewett had a great run but his final shot was cleared for a corner as Bromley tried to get into the match.

Slough continued to dominate with Davidson having to make a save from an Ian Hodges header, but after keeping out a shot from Charlie Ide the inevitable goal came for Slough on 15 minutes when Hodges was on hand to smash in the rebound.

It was nearly 2-0 when a fast break from midfield was fired over by Josias Carbon, but Bromley regrouped and Adrian Stone forced a good saved from Rebels goalkeeper Clark Masters.

Davidson did well to tip over an Ide lob at one end and Ellis Remy just missed the target at the other, going into the break it was pretty even with the last effort being a Glen Harris shot high of the target.

The second half started badly for The Ravens as Joe Vines caught Hodges in the face when attempting to clear the ball and Referee Ian Crouch awarded a penalty. Hodges tucked away the spot kick to put the Rebels 2-0 and seemingly seal the victory.

Bromley once again picked their spirits up and fought hard to get back into things. Drewett had a shot blocked by Masters and Remy shot just wide of the goal, before they did eventually get one back on 58 minutes.

A goal which came down to the hard work of Stone who kept what looked a lost ball in play and then set up Wood who fired under Masters body from 10 yards.

Bromley boss George Wakeling then decided to go for broke by bringing on Nic McDonnell and Danny Carroll and switching to a 3-4-3 formation.

From that point Bromley dominated the play, but too many times resorted to aerial bombardment of the young Keeper Masters who was equal to the test, the balls being played from far too deep out and not giving the forwards much chance.

With only two minutes remaining Bromley got a corner thanks to the skill and intelligence of Remy, who shielded the deflected ball out. The set piece was whipped across the face of the goal before Mark Willy bundled it in at the far post to secure a well earned equaliser and send the away fans into jubilation behind the goal.

A late chance to win it came when Wood struck from distance, but Masters palmed it over and both sides probably deserved something from the game. 

Slough Town: Masters, Steele, Maliski, Daly, Avery, Woodruffe, Alexis, Harris, Hodges, Ide, Carbon. Subs: West, Braith, Lovegrove, Seedel, Parkin.                                                              
Bromley: Davidson, McLeod, Luckett, Vines, Willy, Gardener, Drewett, Boateng, Stone, Remy, Wood. Subs: Carroll, McDonnell, Fuemba, Donovan, Greenway.