Folkestone Invicta boss Neil Cugley: It is a mark of the team spirit we have around the place now that only one of last season’s squad has left and he has gone to a higher placed club offering virtually full-time footbal
FOLKESTONE INVICTA manager Neil Cugley says he has tied down two of his current squad to the club.
The club finished in sixth-place in the Bostik Premier Division last season and just missed out on the play-offs by just a point.
The Cheriton Road club have confirmed that “the majority of the season have already signed,” and that midfielder Sam Hasler and defender Nathaniel Blanks have agreed to stay.
“I am delighted that Sam has signed for another season,” Cugley told www.folkestoneinvictafc.co.uk.
“He was extremely unlucky last season with illness and injury. Hopefully he will have recuperated over the summer and come back raring to go.”
The only player to have left the club is striker Ade Yusuff, who has accepted a deal with Vanarama National League South side Dulwich Hamlet.
Cugley said: “It is a mark of the team spirit we have around the place now that only one of last season’s squad has left and he has gone to a higher placed club offering virtually full-time football.”
Due to Blanks’ work commitments, it looked like the popular defender, who made his 300th appearance for the club at the end of last season, wouldn’t be able to play next season.
Cugley said: “I’m delighted Blanksey has signed for another season. He was a part of our defensive unit last season and with them all now signed again we shall have options and competition for places.”
Ronnie Dolan, meanwhile, went into hospital for an operation last Wednesday and Cugley is “speaking to those from last season’s squad that haven’t so far signed, along with a couple of others he hopes to bring in.”
Visit Folkestone Invicta’s website: www.folkestoneinvictafc.co.uk