Beckenham Town 4 Lordswood 0

Sunday 05th February 2006
It only takes a minute.  That’s how long it took for Beckenham to score the opening goal in this Kent Premier encounter at Eden Park Avenue on Saturday, writes Ian Muir.
Heroic goalkeeping and sloppy finishing prevented a score-line that could have easily have run into double figures.
Beckenham got off to the perfect start scoring inside 30 seconds after some fine work by Rose who sent Green away on the right flank who outpaced his marker to place the ball past the advancing keeper.

From then on the visitors retreated behind the ball and only managed one shot on target for the entire match, this was probably due to the previous encounter between both clubs when Lordswood ended up on the end of a 5-0 drubbing.
Beckenham had to play a patient waiting game moving the ball around well and constantly getting forward at every opportunity.

It was some 20 minutes before Lordswood mounted a serious attack that was well saved by Tolfrey.

Time after time Beckenham were thwarted by some excellent saves by the visitor’s keeper as Beckenham looked add a second goal.

The ball constantly flashed across the goalmouth as first Green the Lodge got behind Lordwoods solid defence.

Beckenham’s second goal came in the last minute of the first period when Cheeseman broke through drawing the keeper before putting the ball into the net.
There were no changes to personnel at half time nor was there any to the pattern of the game with Beckenham continuing to dominate without adding any further goals in the opening 15 minutes, this was frustrating for
the home side as they looked for further goals to add to the 62 that they have scored in the League this season.

The midfield combination of Kadi, Rose and Adeniyi were value for money but it was Ellis Green who caught the eye with his skill on both flanks as he constantly left the visitors flat-footed.

Beckenham were now breaking Lordswood down and Cheeseman added his second 20 minutes from time scoring from close range, the ball hitting the keeper before going in off the crossbar.

The floodgates should have opened under the barrage but unfortunately the chances that were created were squandered.

were enjoying the freedom of the park and both central defenders tried to get in on the act by linking with the attack and Ahwan was denied a certain goal as he was tripped inside the box as he powered his way through. Kadi scored from the resulting penalty in the 80th minute.
Despite creating plenty of chances
Beckenham continued to squander them, however, the concern would raised if in fact the chances themselves were not being created.

Next Saturday Beckenham visit Maidstone United in a Kent League Division Cup Quarter Final.

Beckenham Town
: Rob Tolfrey, Jake Daniels, Jay Roberts, Errison Ahwan, Asher Edwards, Ellis Green, Gavin Rose, Peter Adeniyi, James Cheeseman, Junior Kadi, Dean Lodge,
Subs: Paul Vines, Ohran Stewart, Ryan Martin, Aliy Kyzeu, Cedric Meeko.