Sheppey United 2-2 Herne Bay - I think we've had this Cup hangover and we've got to shake it off, says Sheppey United manager Ernie Batten

Saturday 25th November 2023
Sheppey United 2 – 2 Herne Bay
Location Holm Park, St Peters Close, Queenborough Road, Halfway, Sheerness, Kent ME12 3BD
Kickoff 25/11/2023 15:00

Isthmian League South East Division
Saturday 25 November 2023
Stephen McCartney reports from Holm Park

SHEPPEY UNITED manager Ernie Batten says his players’ have been suffering a FA Cup hangover with a dip in form in the bread and butter of the eighth-tier Isthmian League South East Division.

The Ites enjoyed two memorable FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round ties against Billericay Town, coming away from Essex with a 1-1 draw before beating Gary McCann’s Isthmian League Premier Division outfit 5-4 on penalties here at Holm Park following another 1-1 draw on 17 October.

The spotlight was put on Sheppey United for their maiden First Round home tie against League Two side Walsall – with the game being shown live on ITV4 and with Batten facing questions pre-match and post-match by numerous media outlets, who do not touch this level of football.

Walsall put in a professional performance to claim a 4-1 win here at a sold-out 1,450 crowd at Holm Park on Friday 3 November and Sheppey United returned to league action with a 2-0 home win over Beckenham Town four days later in front of 330 diehards.

Sheppey United carried that momentum with a 1-0 win away to Sevenoaks Town before they suffered three league defeats on the spin, losing to a single goal defeat at home to Ramsgate, before a couple of away defeats at Ashford United (3-2) and a 6-0 defeat away to Three Bridges last Tuesday.

Sheppey United went into today’s game in eleventh-place in the table with 14 points (four wins, two draws and five defeats) from their 11 league outings, while their local rivals Herne Bay crossed the bridge on a six match unbeaten run going into this game.

Herne Bay arrived on the island in fourth-place with 20 points (five wins, five draws and two defeats) from their 12 league outings.

The Bay were clinical in front of goal on a chilly, sunny day, taking a 2-0 lead through centre-half Harrison Pont’s fourth goal of the season following a set-piece before striker Kane Rowland slotted in his third goal of the campaign.

Sheppey United – who made five changes from the side that suffered a midweek humiliation away to surprise package Three Bridges – showed great character to hit back in the second half to claim a deserved draw.

Winger Joesph Ganiwa – who has been playing for George and Ian Batten at Southern Counties East Football League First Division side K Sports – scored a goal on his debut, before attacker Javaun Splatt opened his account for the Ites in only his second game since making the switch from local rivals Sittingbourne, where he scored twice for Ryan Maxwell’s men.

“I was pleased with a point,” said Batten.

“I think we played well during the game.  They got a goal, I think they started quite well and got a goal from a great ball in. There was a flick on and the guy’s come in at the far post, so that’s fair enough.

“I think the second goal, we’ve got to be disappointed with as we’re trying to play out from the back and I just think it’s one of those errors from the back and the guy’s been able to put their forward in, a two-v-one situation and we’re 2-0 down, so I was disappointed with that.

“But pleased with the lads equipped themselves for the rest of that half, plenty of pressure, plenty of corners, played some good, slick football and we controlled throughout that second half.

“I think I’m happy with a point. We’re at home and I think we equipped ourselves well.  Obviously, I would’ve liked the three but after being 2-0 down, I think you have to accept the point.”

Herne Bay manager Steve Lovell said: “I think it was a game of two halves. I’ve just said to Ernie at the end of the game that’s what it was. 

“I thought first half we were excellent. I thought we played really, really well, created a lot of chances, could have had more than two goals and I knew it wouldn’t be enough really going into the second half because they’re a good side and as soon as they got the first goal, they really came at us and in the end I suppose a point is a good point but we’re disappointed obviously not to have all three.”

When asked whether it was a point gained or two dropped, the Welshman replied: “Well, you can pick up all the points, you’re happy with any points that you get because they all add up until the end of the season, so after the first half, you say we’re disappointed to only get one point.

“In our dressing room at the end if was as if we’d lost the game but it just shows you how far we’ve come as a group when you come away from Sheppey and get a point, so they’ll be disappointed.  We’ve only lost one in seven games.  We’ve got to keep going and keep picking up points.

“The form is good but we need to turn some of the draws into wins.  We’ve had opportunities to do that here today but when you look at it we were three down against Three Bridges and came back to three-all so there’s always for and against but they even themselves out at the end of the day.

“We’ve got a busy and very hard Christmas coming up and a lot of big games and I’ve got quite a few injuries so I need to get the injured players back so that we’ve got a full squad to choose from because I only had three on the bench today.”

Talisman Sheppey United striker Daniel Bradshaw, who came off injured in both Billericay Town games and the Walsall game, replaced Alexander Willis in the 73rd minute today and Batten revealed the striker has now recovered from his back injury.

However, Batten revealed that winger Danny Leonard is expected back in the next 10 days, having suffered nerve damage in his groin area.

James Bessey-Saldanha (unavailable) and Jacob Lambert (illness) were ruled out for this Kent derby.

Lovell, meanwhile, revealed that Archie Burnett will be without for another two or three weeks with a knee injury, while Gil Carvalho has been ruled out for the same period with a broken hand.

Mobolaji Dawodu (unspecified injury) and Daniel Carrington (calf) will both be out for another week or so.

Reflecting on Sheppey United’s injury situation, Batten said: “We’ve been suffering a little bit.  If there was ever a cup hangover, I think we’ve suffered one. We’ve had a number of players (out injured). I know all squad’s have that and I don’t want to make excuses but we’ve had a number of key players missing at the same time.

“Today, we had a whole midfield missing plus Dan Bradshaw has been out for a little while (three weeks). We’re hoping to get those players back in the next few weeks, which will really bolster our squad and hopefully we can get back on track.

“We’ve got Danny Leonard that’s had a scan and there’s no real damage there. He’s got nerve damage in his groin area, hopefully it’s manageable.”

Batten was asked about his recent arrivals.

“I thought they done well.  Renford Tenyue came in and done what Ren does.  I thought he was solid there at right-back and he’s given us some width and drove forward a number of times with the ball. I was very happy with him.

“Javaun Splatt, it’s his second game today. I thought he showed a lot of quality today in the wide area on the left side and also when we moved him inside in the 10 position.

“Joseph Ganiwa is a local young player and he’s been playing a couple of levels lower over at K Sports but he’s got potential and wants to learn. Worked extremely hard and very pleased to get himself a goal.

“Jack Marney’s come in from Croydon Athletic, a recommendation from their former manager Kevin Rayner. I thought he did ok. It’s always difficult sometimes when you’re coming in and getting used to the way the team plays but the lad’s definitely got potential.”

Sheppey United created an opening after only 59 seconds when holding midfielder Josh Wisson fed left-back Frankie Del Morgan, who drilled a left-footed angled drive from outside the box, which was comfortably gathered by Herne Bay goalkeeper Harry Brooks at his near-post.

Herne Bay’s right-winger Olowakemi (Theo) Osinfolarin charged towards the by-line before cutting the ball back for Mohamed Kamara, who whipped in a cross, which was cleared away by Sheppey centre-half Olamilekan Majoyegbe, but Jacob Gilbert lacked composure, drilling a first time shot high and wide from just inside the penalty area.

Sheppey United centre-half Connor Wilkins almost gave his side the lead following their first of eight corners with nine minutes and 19 seconds on the clock.

Debutant attacking midfielder Marney floated the ball in from the left and Wilkins found a pocket of space to steer his 12-yard header straight at Brooks for a comfortable catch in the centre of his goal.

“We’ve had a number of corners today and we haven’t had any real success but we feel that we’ve got improvements to make in that area but we should be getting one or two goals from those set-plays,” admitted Batten.

Herne Bay grabbed the lead with 10 minutes and 45 seconds on the clock, following a high quality delivery from the left.

Left-back Tom Hanfrey whipped in the ball with his left-foot, which was flicked on at the near post by the unmarked Rowland, which sailed across the keeper and was tucked home by Pont into the bottom far corner from within a crowd of players.

Lovell said: “It was a good ball. Tom’s delivers a great ball into the box and he’s done it on a number of occasions, so it was a good goal. A good cross and a good finish by Harrison. It’s his second goal in consecutive games, so our problem isn’t scoring, we score goals quite regular, it’s just we give away silly goals when we’re in possession and their second goal was an example of that.”

Batten added: “It was a good goal. Sometimes you’ve got to hold your hands up. It was a real quality ball in and the flick-on took a couple of our defenders out of the equation and the guy come in on the far post and poked it home.”

Sheppey United then enjoyed long spells of possession and kept knocking on the door but lacked quality to score the equaliser that their play deserved.

Richard Hamill floated in a left-footed free-kick from 35-yards, which was cleared out to Wisson, who hooked a deflected right-footed half-volley across the keeper and behind for a corner from 20-yards.

Del Morgan fed left-winger Splatt, who played the ball along the deck some 20-yards into striker Alexander Willis, whose sublime first touch took him past his man but his right-footed drive from 20-yards took a deflection off Pont and sailed over the crossbar.

Pont gave the ball away from inside the Herne Bay half and this released Splatt charging down the left.  He played the ball into seven-goal Willis, who was pressed by Gilbert, before his cross was knocked down by Ganiwa at the back post. The ball was cleared out to Renford Tenyue and the returning right-back played the ball into Wisson, whose first time drive from 30-yards deflected past the left-hand post in the 28th minute.

Wisson swept a diagonal pass out to Splatt down the left wing and his shot deflected off Herne Bay’s right-back Sam German and flashed past the foot of the near post.

Wisson went close to scoring an equaliser for the home side in the 34th minute.

Wilkins travelled over the halfway line with the ball before spraying the ball out to Ganiwa on the right.  He cut inside and fed Wisson in space and his left-footed drive from 30-yards flashed across Brooks and past the foot of the far post.

“I thought we had lots of good pressure, sometimes you need that little bit of luck where something drops for you, something falls for you. We had lots of balls in the box and they defended quite well,” said Batten.

“Sometimes you’re just looking for something to drop for you to get yourself back in the game. I thought our play deserved that. I think we did put a lot of pressure on them, without really having that clear-cut chance.”

Lovell added: “Our defensive shape was good in the first half, even from a pressing point of view, but they changed it in the second half and they went to a three and they pushed their wide people on and caused us problems, we couldn’t get out so credit to them for doing that and they had the better of the second half.”

Del Morgan then threw the ball short to Wisson, who cracked an angled drive straight down the keeper’s throat from 30-yards, as Sheppey United’s pressure continued.

Herne Bay managed to put the ball inside Sheppey United’s half when Michael Salako (no relation to John or Andy) played the ball into the right channel and Gilbert whipped in a cross towards the near post towards Salako, who rose with goalkeeper Aiden Prall, only to steer his header past the near post from inside the six-yard box.

Herne Bay were gifted their second goal when it arrived with 37 minutes and 59 seconds on the clock, as Sheppey United were caught while playing out from the back, their trademark tactic.

Wilkins lost the ball in his defensive third to a pressing Gilbert, who played in Rowland, who took a touch before placing his left-footed shot across the keeper to find the bottom far corner with a clinical finish.

Lovell was delighted with the second goal, especially as their tactic was to press the home side when they played out from the back.  Herne Bay centre-half Liam Friend, meanwhile, often drilled long left-footed balls out of defence, while Sheppey United do not play that way.

Lovell said: “That’s the way we set up, was to do that, to press them, the two centre-halves and the two wide people and the middle of midfield player and it worked to perfection to be honest.

“They tried to play out, we nicked it and got the goal, whereas second half they changed it and they had an extra man, took an extra man from their defence and moved him into midfield and went two players out wide and it caused us a few problems and we tried to change it but they managed to get their goals.”

Batten added: “Connor Wilkins gave the ball away. You’re going to get punished at this level, I think, if you give the ball away in that area.

“It left us two-on-one. Lekan had two of their players over on that side and he was caught in the middle of two of them.  They passed it around him and he’s touched it and tucked it in.”

Sheppey United kept plugging away, however, and Splatt and Wisson linked up before slipping the ball through towards the edge of the D where Del Morgan used his right-foot to try to score with a low shot, which was comfortably gathered by Brooks down on his knees.

“Frankie’s come inside and I think that was with his right foot wasn’t it – which is a very a rare event - but he took the chance on.  You like the players to have a go in those areas and the keeper’s made a save,” added Batten.

Lovell added: “Harry done quite well in goal. He’s done well. He hasn’t had a lot to do for the last few weeks but today he had a number of saves – as has Aiden. Aiden made a couple of really good saves, as well, in the second half.”

Both managers were asked about their thoughts in the warmth of the dressing rooms, as the temperatures dropped even further outside, as the sun went down.

Batten said: “We just told the lads (at half-time) that we’re kind of our own architects of our 2-0 deficit really.

“If we can carry on playing the way we were, I thought we were nice and bright on the ball. I thought we moved the ball quite quickly and we had good movement.  I felt if we could just keep going, I thought we could get a goal and that would kick-start us and get us back in the game.”

Lovell admitted: “I think we gave the ball away too easily at times, simple passes, they were going astray.  We caused ourselves problems. We had possession of the ball and we gave it away too easily. Simple mistakes.

“But I said in there a couple of boys had an off day today but the other boys got them through it, so it’s nice to have that camaraderie and everyone pulling for each other.”

Herne Bay should have killed the game off by scoring a third goal just 88 seconds into the second half, with a three-man move.

Hanfrey played the ball down the line to release Salako down the left and he cut the ball back towards the corner of the six-yard box for Rowland, who had his back to goal before turning and stroking a left-footed shot towards the bottom near corner, only for Prall to dive swiftly low to his right to hold.

Lovell said: “Kane could’ve laid it square to Mo Kamara, whose there to tap it in I think but as a forward you turn and have a shot but Aiden made a save.

“I think if that had gone in, the game was over but they are the things that I’m talking about – putting the game to bed and making sure all of the points are ours.”

Batten added: “They’ve got good players and they’ve broke on us, which at times they were looking to do. They were taking a bit of pressure and then they would quickly break on us.  I think it was one of those occasions when they got in behind us and crossed it in the box.”

Osinfolarin and German linked up well down the right and Osinfolarin whipped in a deep cross from within the right channel towards Salako who rose to plant his free header over the Sheppey United crossbar.

Salako scored a hat-trick in a 3-3 home draw against Three Bridges but didn’t score in last weekend’s 4-1 home win over Littlehampton Town or today.

Lovell said: “Michael had to go out on the left. I went to a 4-3-3 so all thought the game he played as a forward, him and Kane Rowland played up front together and I thought he (Salako) had one of his worst games for us.

“Michael had a couple of opportunities, good headers that he’s been taking recently but I think the chances that fell to him today, he never looked like he was going to take them, so that’s what I’m saying about forwards. They’re going to have periods where they’re going to go through games and not score and he’s just got to keep getting in there.”

Wisson started and almost finished off a well-worked move from the home side with 07:45 on the second half clock.

Wisson hit a 60-yard diagonal out to Del Morgan on the left.  The left-back played a short pass inside to Splatt, who played a 30-yard low pass inside to Wisson, who drilled a low right-footed drive towards the bottom right-hand corner from 30-yards, which forced Brooks to dive to his left to push towards safety.

Batten said: “I thought we had some good approach play and where several shots in the first half didn’t really hit the target, didn’t get enough quality on the strike, but in the second half that was a good effort by Josh.”

Lovell added: “They were coming onto us then in the second half. They were making their possession count and they did do and they caused us a few problems for us in the second half and that’s how they got back into the game.”

Tenyue drove himself down the right on a 60-yard run before Hamill cut in towards the corner of the penalty area before trying to curl his shot around the keeper to find the top far corner.

Sheppey United’s pressure paid off as they kick-started their recovery by scoring their first goal of the game with 14 minutes and 9 seconds on the clock.

The ball went from right-to-left with both full-backs linking up as Tenyue switched the ball over to Del Morgan, who released Splatt, who fizzed a low ball across the keeper towards the far post for Ganiwa, who drilled his right-footed shot back across the keeper to find the bottom far corner with another clinical finish.

“I was very pleased with that goal. We kept trying to play and it was good movement from left-to-right and Joe finished it off really well,” said Batten.

“He’ll be really pleased with that (debut goal). He’ll be boasting about that tonight.

“He’s a good, honest lad. He’ll work really hard. He occupies the right side, he’s got a bit of pace and he’s an out-and-out wide player and good ones are hard to come by and I think the lad has got potential to perhaps step up.”

Lovell said: “It was a good goal from their point of view but again it was a soft one for us to concede. It was just driven into the far post really past Harry but that’s the way it’s been going.  Defensively, teams aren’t having too many chances against us, but when they do, they seem to creep in.”

Herne Bay went direct with a decent chance to put daylight between the two sides in the 66th minute.

Pont launched a long ball out of defence to release German, who cut in from the right before curling his left-footed shot towards the far corner, only for Prall to pluck the ball out of the air while diving to his right.

Lovell said he is delighted to keep the Bromley loanee at Winch’s Field for another month.

“Sam’s doing really well, he’s only 18, he’s a really good player, a really good player and he’s shown his abilities again today, not only defensively but when he’s got the ball, he’s very intelligent and he’s great to have around and I think he’s got a big future in the game.”

Batten added: “Again they hit us on the break. They’re capable of scoring goals if we were committing ourselves forward, trying to get ourselves back in the game, so we were always going to be a bit susceptible to breakaways.”

German drove into the Sheppey United half for a second time, cutting in once again and stroking a right-footed drive from 30-yards, which bounced in front of Prall, who gathered at the third attempt.

Majoyegbe played a fine through ball straight through the heart of Herne Bay’s defence for Splatt, who dragged his right-footed shot across Brooks and past the far post as the game entered the final 15 minutes on a chilly day.

Batten said: “It was sort of similar sort of move to the actual goal, where we’ve slid it through to him and it’s a very, very close call on that one.”

A brilliant save from Prall denied Herne Bay scoring from a rasping drive from Kamara.

Substitute left-back Frankie Smith put in a cross from the left, the ball was headed away by Majoyegbe and Kamara drilled a rasping drive towards the near corner from outside the box, only for the Sheppey United keeper to dive to his right to push the ball around the post for a corner.

“Sheppey had the better of the second half but in saying that we still had a couple of chances, real good chances in the second half to put the game to bed, especially before they scored their second goal, but it never happened,” said Lovell.

“I think Aiden made a good save form Mo. A really good save that he put out for a corner.”

Sheppey United dealt with the resulting corner, broke away, capitalised from a useful advantage from referee David Spain before scoring a deserved equaliser with 31 minutes and 55 seconds on the clock.

Referee Spain played on after Smith clattered into Ganiwa inside the Sheppey half (Smith was booked after the goal), Hamill played a sublime through ball in between German and Pont to play in Splatt, who cut inside and held composure to curl his right-footed shot into the far corner.

Batten said: “It was a great ball. Did the ref pull it back to book their player after that because it was a late tackle as he was coming out of the back four and he let it play on.

“It was a quality finish from Javaun, come inside and tucked it into the far netting with his right.

“He’s got a lot of quality. He gives you quality on the ball.  I think his hold-up play is extremely good. He drifts around. He can play left, right or central and we played him in two areas today and he was quite effective in both areas.

“I think we could’ve gone on and won it from there. I think we just ran out of time.  We weren’t happy to sit back and take the draw but we’ve got to be pleased with the point and the way we fought to get back into the game.”

Lovell added: “That came from our corner and then we’ve not set up and the ball has found its way to their forward and he’s cut in and finished well.

“It was a good advantage played by the referee for their part. Obviously, if he had blown up, it wouldn’t have been a goal but he let it go, so fair play to him for that but a disappointing goal to concede from our set-play.”

Sheppey United lost composure following their eighth and final corner, which was played in by Hamill down the left.  The ball was cleared out to substitute Bailey Catherick, who stabbed his shot harmlessly wide of the goal from the edge of the Herne Bay penalty area.

Herne Bay’s vocal fans could have been celebrating a victory with the final chance of the game (48:51), on the counter-attack.

Rowland played the ball in from the right and Gilbert lacked composure as Majoyegbe came rushing out to press him as his shot ballooned over the crossbar from the edge of the penalty area.

“The last one fell to Jacob, who I thought had a very good game and he had no composure then and he smashed it over the bar,” added Lovell.

Reflecting on his side’s form since their FA Cup exploits have come to and end, Batten replied: It’s dipped. We had a reasonably light squad and I think the Cup games where we had 10 in a row, the same players were generally performing week-in-week-out. We picked up a few injuries and it’s affected us getting back on to the league.

“I think we’ve had this Cup hangover and we’ve got to shake it off and with the other unavailability and injuries and that type of thing, it has affected us. I think it would affect any team.  We were missing the quality, key players that we have in our side.

“Dan Bradshaw has just said to me in there, he didn’t feel any reaction to his (back) injury, so hopefully he’ll be ok.  He’ll probably get some more minutes on Monday night for the under 23s and we’ll build his fitness back up.”

Sheppey United make the trip to Welling next Saturday to play an Erith & Belvedere side that extended their winless run to 10 games in all competitions today, going down to a 6-1 defeat at Three Bridges.

Erith & Belvedere are now in the bottom four with nine points (two wins, three draws, eight defeats) from their 13 games.

Meanwhile, Littlehampton Town (eight points from 10) are beneath them in the table, while the relegation zone contains Phoenix Sports (eight points from 14 games) and Beckenham Town (seven points from 11 games).

“I think they’re going through a bit of transition with Matt Longhurst having to reassemble his squad after what I’ve been reading a budget cut there, so that’s always difficult this time of the season to get players in, but he’ll be able to stabilise that.

“They’ve been very good at home, I believe, so there’s no easy games in this league, so we’ll go there and it will be a difficult game.

“We’ve settled down. I’m hoping the next half-a-dozen games that we can start getting wins on the board.  I think in this league two or three wins and all off a sudden you’re a play-off contender, so we’ve got to be looking to be doing that.  We’ve got the quality – when we’ve got everybody back available – to go on a run and we’ll be looking to do that.”

Batten’s men are only seven points adrift of the play-off zone, which is occupied by Three Bridges (30 points from 14 games), Sittingbourne (25 points from 12 games), Sevenoaks Town (23 points from 13 games) and Ashford United (22 points from 11 games).

Ramsgate are top of the pile with 31 points from 12 games, while Herne Bay have slipped down to sixth-place, three points clear of the side immediately beneath them in the table, unbeaten Cray Valley.

Steve McKimm’s side are in seventh-place in the table with 18 points from eight games (five wins, three draws and no defeats) and they visit Winch’s Field next Saturday, after playing at Ashford United in midweek.

“We’ve got Cray Valley, a very good side, well-organised and it will be a tough game, probably our most hardest one of the season so far.  That’s including Ramsgate.  I thought against Ramsgate, we could’ve got a result, in the first half performance,” said Lovell.

“We’ll hope to get a couple of the boys back. If not, then we have to go in there with what we’ve got because I think they’re good enough and they showed that today, so it’s just a matter of making sure that everyone comes through unscathed this week ready for next Saturday.

“The fans have been brilliant, the fans are great home and away. They seem to be coming back now after what happened at the club last year.  The disappointment with everything and we’ve tried to put on performances for them on the field that they want to come to watch and they are coming back to watch, so it’s nice.

“If someone said in the end of November we’ll be going into December sixth in the table, I would’ve taken it at the start of the season.

“It’s a brand new group of players that have come together and we’ve only lost two in the league all season, so I would’ve taken that as well.  It’s progressing. We’ve got a really difficult December coming up now, so let’s see where we are at the end of December.

“We’ll try to win as many games as we can and the top five or six, that’s where we want to go.  I think there’s a lot of teams in the league who are aiming for that and we’ll be pushing for (a play-off place).

“It’s a tough league, you look at the scores today (half of the 10 games finished in draws), there’s teams there who are really coming through now, so it’s a tough league. It’s a really tough league, a good league. It’s going to be a hard season.”

Meanwhile, senior assistant referee, Freddie Young, works at Kent County Cricket Club as its Senior Cricket Operations Executive,

Sheppey United: Aiden Prall, Renford Tenyue, Frankie Del Morgan, Richard Hamill, Olamilekan Majoyegbe, Connor Wilkins, Javaun Splatt, Joshua Wisson, Alexander Willis (Daniel Bradshaw 73), Jack Marney (D’Jean Spencer 60), Joseph Ganiwa (Bailey Catherick 79).
Subs: Briggs Ojemen, Nikolai Krokhin

Goals: Joseph Ganiwa 60, Javaun Splatt 77

Booked: Alexander Willis 25, Olamilekan Majoyegbe 90

Herne Bay: Harry Brooks, Sam German, Tom Hanfrey (Frankie Smith 74), Mohamed Kamara, Liam Friend, Harrison Pont, Jacob Gilbert, Danny Walder, Michael Salako, Kane Rowland, Olowakemi Osinfolarin.
Subs: Jack Richards, Sam Wright, Harry Brown, Kayan Hassan

Goals: Harrison Pont 11, Kane Rowland 38

Booked: Frankie Smith 78, Jacob Gilbert 84

Attendance: 357
Referee: Mr David Spain
Assistants: Mr Freddie Young & Mr Daniel Davis