Herne Bay 1-2 Hythe Town - Fifteen games in eight weeks puts a bit of pressure on our play-off hopes because you have so many games in so little space and we've only got a very small squad, says Hythe Town assistant manager Alex Flisher

Saturday 02nd March 2024
Herne Bay 1 – 2 Hythe Town
Location Winch's Field, Stanley Gardens, Herne Bay, Kent CT6 5SG
Kickoff 02/03/2024 15:00

Isthmian League South East Division
Saturday 2 March 2024
Stephen McCartney reports from Winch’s Field

HYTHE TOWN assistant manager Alex Flisher says playing their last 15 league games in the space of the last eight weeks of the season puts a bit of pressure on the club’s Isthmian League South East Division play-off hopes after grabbing a win over nine-man Herne Bay at Winch’s Field.


The Cannons remain in ninth-place in the table with 39 points (11 wins, six draws and six defeats) from their 23 league outings and have closed the gap to the top five to eight points after clinically finishing off a couple of first-half set-pieces.

Herne Bay went into this Kent coastal derby sitting in fifth-place and they opened the scoring after only 105 seconds through striker Kane Rowland’s tenth goal of the season.

However, Hythe Town grabbed an equaliser from Joshua Wisson’s back-post header from a free-kick on the half-hour mark, before right-wing-back Aaron Barnes flicked in a four-man set-piece routine from a trademark long throw to seal the victory on the stroke of half-time.

Herne Bay will be hit with another fine – they picked up a fine after collecting eight cards during their 3-0 home defeat to Sittingbourne on 27 January – after picking up five yellow cards and two red cards from referee Joseph Dann-Pye today.

Rowland picked up his second yellow card in the 69th minute for a challenge on impressive Australian born visiting goalkeeper Jack West-Astuti, 25, before centre-half Liam Friend saw his yellow card also turn into red in the 82nd minute for bringing down Bradley Schafer, who drew four Herne Bay players into bookable challenges.

“To start off with, it was a great result.  I mean the boys battled well.  I said to the boys at half-time the first 15-20 minutes we were very erratic.  We didn’t keep our shape and we sort of running out of position,” said Flisher, who revealed he was suffering from a post-match headache, having won back-to-back games in charge with manager Steven Watt currently on compassionate leave.

“They sort of played around us and obviously they got the early goal but I think from then on, I thought we were quite comfortable in the game and spent the majority of the game on top.

“A couple of boys in there were just looking at the table.  As Watty said in the week, Herne Bay are one of the teams that we need to catch to get in the play-offs, so in that respect it’s a big win, so that helps us out massively.”

Herne Bay may also be in hot water with The Football Association as the match officials were on the end of sickening verbal abuse from angry home supporters as the three match officials walked past the clubhouse on their way to leave Winch’s Field.

Herne Bay boss Steve Lovell said: “I don’t like talking about officials but I’m going to do.  I thought he was an absolute disgrace!  I don’t like to have a go at anybody but that game never warranted five bookings and two sending’s off, never!

“I don’t know how you get it from and it ruined our performance today and it took away the shine from a really, really good performance from our boys, really good footballing side. 

“We created chances, scored a good goal to start with, could’ve had two or three more but they get two goals from set-plays, which we know they do.  So the stat at the end of the day was we lost 2-1.”

The heavens opened pre-match but this game went ahead as Herne Bay play on an artificial pitch.

Herne Bay produced a well-worked move that saw them take the lead with their first shot on goal, just 105 seconds in.

Left-wing-back Gil Carvalho released Scott Heard down the left wing and he played the ball into striker Michael Salako within the left-hand side of the penalty area and he put it on a plate for Rowland to place his first time right-footed shot across the keeper to find the bottom far corner from inside the six-yard box.

“It was a good move. It sort of optimised what we did all afternoon really.  We knocked the ball around, we played well, we created chances,” said Lovell.

“We could’ve gone two or three up just after we scored a goal. We had a couple of really good opportunities to finish the game off but they came into the game.

“I said to them, I’m proud of the boys, even with nine men at the end of the game, they were causing them problems.”

When asked about Rowland’s ten goals for the season – his strike partner Salako has notched 22 goals so far this season – Lovell replied: “Between them they’ve got 32 goals, so it’s not a bad return for the two boys that we got together in the summer.  I’m just disappointed they didn’t get anything out from the game because the boys deserved it.”

Flisher admitted he wasn’t taking notice of the build-up to the opening goal.

“I didn’t really see what happened in the build-up, I was talking to the bench. It just looked a bit of an easy goal.

“I think we were very erratic from the beginning and out of position and I think after the goal went in, it kicked us into gear and we sort of kept our shape better and pushed higher up the pitch and from them on I thought we had control of the game.”

Carvalho was seeing plenty of the ball during the early exchanges and he was fed by Rowland before hanging over a cross towards the back post where right-wing-back Theo Osinfolarin fed debutant attacking midfielder Vance Bola, who took a couple of touches before curling his left-footed shot around the foot of the far post from 15-yards.

When asked why he has brought the former Margate and Ashford United man to Winch’s Field, Lovell replied: “Well, you’ve seen that today he brings us a little bit of quality just off the front two or up front.

“He’s great on the ball, he creates things and he’s clever and he fits in really well with the boys which is the main thing. He’s great in the dressing room with the lads and I think he’ll be brilliant for us, brilliant for us.”

Flisher added: “I think with that one with Jack in goal or either of our keeper’s in goal, I think I’ll be confident with people shooting from the edge of the box.

“One of their main threats is balls into the box so as long as we dealt with that, anything that fell to the edge for a shot, I feel like we were comfortable.

“Even in the second half, a few of the boys threw their bodies on the line to block the ball.  Obviously, I wasn’t here last year but from what Watty said previously that’s how they defended last year – bodies on the line – and that’s what got them into the play-offs. 

“We’ve been sort of saying that’s what we need to start doing more off this year because it seems to have dropped off a little bit.  I thought the back three, back five, the ones who came on, were excellent defensively.”

Hythe Town lost attacking midfielder Ethan Smith to a hamstring injury in the eleventh minute and his replacement Schafer impressed, especially in the second half with his counter-attacking raids, which saw Rowland, Frankie Smith, Harrison Pont and Friend each pick up cards for fouling Schafer.

“Ethan came off today, his hamstring has gone again and just talking to the (medical team) in there, we’re going from 3G pitches to boggy pitches, it’s difficult on everyone’s bodies, so it’s just a case of trying to keep the boys’ fit and fresh and towards the end of the season there will be Thursday night games so we have to look after the boys as much as we can and keep them fit,” said Flisher.

The Cannons were also without goalkeeper Steven Phillips (shoulder) and Sam Flisher (hamstring), while Herne Bay hope to have attacking midfielder Archie Burnett (Achilles) available next Saturday.

Lovell said: “Archie should be alright for next week, something wrong with his Achilles but apart from that everybody’s fine.

“We haven’t got a big squad. I’ve got Mobalaji Dawodu out on loan at Lordswood, so I might have a look at that ready for next week.”

Jack Steventon – who plays in the centre of a back three – lined up a long throw from the right but threw it short to Schafer before Steventon recycled the ball towards the edge of the Herne Bay penalty area with his foot before Frannie Collin teed up Steventon, who hit his right-footed drive from 25-yards out sailing harmlessly over the crossbar.

Frankie Smith – who plays on the left of a Herne Bay back three – played the ball into Carvalho, who cut the ball onto his right-foot before driving over from 30-yards, as Herne Bay continued to dominate.

Carvalho’s fine through ball released Salako inside the box and in behind Steventon but he lacked composure and stroked his first-time right-footed shot high over the crossbar when faced with West-Astuti.

Hythe Town grabbed an equaliser with 29 minutes and 5 seconds on the clock, following Collin’s pin-point right-footed free-kick from the right.

Goalkeeper Harry Brooks made a poor error of judgement as the ball came in and Osinfolarin switched off at the far post to allow Wisson to ghost in to bury his downward header to beat the keeper at his near-post from 10-yards, to score against one of his former clubs to open his goalscoring account for the Cannons.

“I mean before the game me and Frannie Collin (player-coach) spoke to Watty before we got here and we said we need to get the ball into their box,” said Flisher.

“Obviously, the keeper isn’t amazing at coming for crosses or dealing with crosses and we said Liam Friend is their biggest player and if we can keep the ball away from Friendy, the size that we’ve got in our team, will always be a threat.

“It was a great ball from Fran, the keeper started to come and as it got nearer it’s whipped away and a great finish from Wisso.”

Lovell admitted he was disappointed with his goalkeeper’s part in the goal.

“It’s disappointing. I thought Harry’s positioning was wrong. It’s gone over his head and he’s come out of an area that he didn’t have to come out to. If he stays where he should’ve been, the fella would’ve headed it straight into his hands.

“If you look back where he’s standing, he’s in no man’s land. That’s a bad decision by Harry but over the whole he’s played well, he’s had a good season and he didn’t have a lot to do today but he’s done well for us. It’s disappointing, that goal.”

The referee played a kind advantage for Herne Bay in the 34th minute when he allowed Bola to counter-attack through the middle before cutting on to his right-foot and drilling his shot over the top of the right-hand post from 22-yards, with the keeper diving to his left.

Flisher was also in charge of Hythe Town’s 1-0 home win over Littlehampton Town on Tuesday night and he gave Wisson licence to shoot from distance, with his first-time right-footed drive from 35-yards bouncing into Brooks’ gloves on the edge of his penalty area for a comfortable save.

“I think they’ve all been watching Johan’s goal on Tuesday and they all think they can all have a go,” said Flisher.

“I mean there’s one thing, since I’ve been here I sort of encourage the boys, sometimes you have to chance your luck.  In the warm-up they’ll all hit volleys from 30-yards and it goes in the top corners and it’s just like the ball will drop to you in a game on the edge of the box and they just don’t know what to do – just shoot!

“When I played – a lot of players that I played with – if the ball falls to you on the edge – just shoot! You never know, it could get a deflection, the keeper could save it and drop it. 

“In the last few weeks they’ve started to have shots from outside the area and it’s starting to pay off.”

Hythe Town grabbed what turned out to be the winning goal, timed at 44 minutes and 37 seconds on the clock, following a trademark long throw routine.

It was Steventon’s third of six long throws and Liam Smith flicked the ball on at the near-post and it fell to Embery at the back post and he swept his first time right-footed volley towards goal, only for the ball to be flicked in to the bottom left-hand corner by Barnes for his ninth-goal of the season.

Flisher, 31, had a very long throw on him when he played for the likes of Maidstone United, Margate, Dartford, Hythe Town and Sittingbourne before his retirement.

“People dislike the long throw, I don’t know why.  We work on positioning and how to throw the ball and where to throw the ball and work in sort of different positions,” said Flisher.

“We are a big side.  When you’ve got that advantage, you have to make use of it and Steveo’s got a very good long throw and Liam’s very good at getting the front post flick and he always somehow seems to get his head on it or and keep it in the area.

“Jake’s reacted to the knock down and I think it deflected off Barnsey to go in so I think Barnsey’s claiming that one. From where I was, I said as soon as it went in, it was Barnsey’s goal.”

Lovell was not best pleased with the tactic that grabbed their opponents the victory.

“They didn’t create hardly any chances, the only chances they created were from long throws.  Every time they got over the halfway line they just launched it into the box,” said Welshman Lovell.

“We knew that was the case, from most of them, if you look at how many times they had long throws (six) and corners (two), we defended them very well most of them. It was just the two that we didn’t and they got a goal.

“I suppose it’s percentages. If you’re going to lob the ball in from long throws, every time you get a throw-in, the percentages are you’re going to get one or two chances and they did unfortunately for us.  They took them and they were both sloppy goals really.”

Herne Bay created the final chance of the first half when Pont played the ball forward from the half-way line and a poor header from Cannons’ centre-half Lex Allan let in Salako, who charged into the box and his right-footed shot was comfortably gathered at his near-post by West-Astuti.

“Jack played very, very well.  All aspects of his game.  Coming for crosses, every cross that came into the box he dealt with and he held and he made a couple of good saves.  His kicking is excellent. Jack was excellent today,” added Flisher.

When asked about his half-time thoughts, Lovell replied: “I just said keep doing what you were doing! I said keep playing the way you are.  I said you’re dominating the game.  The only thing that we’ve got to do is just keep defending the long throws because that’s all they had was long throws, corners and free-kicks, so I said if we defend them we win the game and we had enough chances to do it.”

Herne Bay played with three centre-halves with Frankie Smith (left), Friend (centre) and Pont (right) with Carvalho (left-wing-back) and Osinfolarin (right-wing-back) although both left plenty of space in behind and Flisher was keen to exploit that.

Flisher added: “Just to sort of go out and keep our shape and what was working towards the end of the half, where they played the back three and they were a very narrow back three is they left matching pockets either side of the widest centre halves and they were playing two wingers as wing-backs.

“I said the space for us to get in is out wide and I think we didn’t take advantage of that as much as we’d liked but we picked up a lot of second balls in and around the centre-halves.”

Herne Bay created the first goalscoring chance of the second half following their second of six corners in the 12th minute.

Holding midfielder Danny Walder swung the ball in from the left, the goalkeeper flapped at the ball and in the end Pont jumped up and guided his header straight into the keeper’s hand for a routine catch.

Hythe Town goalkeeper West-Astuti impressed in goal with some clean handling as Herne Bay went close to equalising towards the half-way point of the half.

Scott Heard was in space some 35-yards from goal and he stroked a right-footed drive towards the bottom right-hand corner, which was comfortably held by West-Astuti, dropping down to his knees and holding within his midriff.

Referee Joseph Dann-Pye pulled out his red-card (23:21) after Frankie Smith released Bola, who steered his left-footed shot from inside the box straight at West-Astuti, who made a comfortable catch before Rowland caught the keeper late at his near-post.

“It’s ridiculous. He’s just stuck his leg out. He didn’t even boot him. His leg was up, it’s a foul.  It might be a foul but it’s not a booking. I think it’s absolutely ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous,” complained Lovell.

Flisher claimed: “We did say before the game he likes to leave his foot in and his arms and his feet in.  He’s sort of an old school centre-forward and Jack’s caught the ball and his put his foot in too late.

“Personally I think it’s a second yellow and a red card.  They obviously don’t agree with that opinion. 

“We pointed out before the game if that happens then you’ve got to sort of flag it up and that’s’ what we did.  Jack brought the foul and it was a red card.”

Herne Bay looked to be the side that would go on and score the next goal in the game and after Wisson fouled his man, Walder’s right-footed free-kick from 30-yards went around the wall and was comfortable saved by West-Astuti, low to his left to prevent the ball nestling inside the bottom right-hand corner.

Friend, who was earlier booked for a foul on quiet Cannons striker Johan Caney-Bryan, picked up his second yellow card and a red card with 36:36 on the clock.

Shafer counter-attacked through the heart of the pitch and skipped past Font before being tripped by last man Friend, who shook his head in despair after the referee showed him the second red card of the game.

Lovell claimed: “Friendy’s wasn’t even a foul! The fella there, he’s sent him off, he’s booked him for a yellow card and it wasn’t even a foul! He didn’t even tough him.

“It’s ruined the day for us and not only that we’ve got two players now who we’re going to miss through suspensions.”

Club’s are fined by The Football Association whenever they collect six cards in one game.

“That’s the thing, what can you say to the boys? Go out there and don’t touch anybody, don’t touch anybody because it’s a joke, absolute joke,” came Lovell’s reply when asked about the pending fine.

Hythe Town lacked quality to create chances against fewer opposing players.

Flisher said: “I didn’t so much noticed the 10 men. I noticed the difference with nine men towards the end.  We became a bit erratic again and we sort of lumping the ball forward. It was only towards the very, very late stages of injury time that we sort of realised we had a bit of space to get he ball down, playing in little triangles to get around the them and chip it in behind.

“I think towards the end of it made it more comfortable.  They had a couple of long balls into the box but there was more noticeable difference between nine men than there was 10, I think.”

Schafer impressed against one of his former clubs.

“I thought Bradley Schafer was excellent when he came on. He picked a lot of balls up and was just driving straight at their back three and that’s how the second red card came,” added Flisher.

“I lost count of how many times that he got tripped up or just blocked off the ball late once he got past someone.  That’s what he’s good at. He’s very good picking up second balls and once he’s driving at you, he’s got very good feet when he’s running at pace to get round players and he sucks players in he just flicks it past you and that’s how the fouls were coming.

“I say a lot to the boys when you’re attacking, if someone’s attacking you, you’ve got to cut across them.  Schafer cut across him. He was unlucky though. You can’t get out of the way, it’s physically impossible and he’s clipped his ankles and he’s gone down and it’s a yellow card because we was on the break.”

Faced with a four-man wall, holding midfielder Collin stroked his right-footed free-kick over the crossbar from 20-yards, aiming for the top right-hand corner.

“Schafer’s winning free-kicks again, which helped us get up the pitch and slow the game down towards the end,” said Flisher.

“We felt like they should’ve gone into the corners (of the pitch) because it was three minutes left and you don’t want to be giving them the ball back.  We did say that should’ve gone into the corners and looked after the ball.

“But with Fran’s quality over many years, Fran’s struck free-kicks in from there for all different clubs, so you can’t really moan at him for that but at that late stage in the game you have to think about game management and look after the game and keep it tight.”

West-Astuti pulled off a brilliant save to deny Herne Bay scoring a deserved equaliser with 41:47 on the clock.

Faced with a five man wall, Walder stroked a right-footed free-kick towards the roof of the net from 25-yards, but the Australian goalkeeper dived high to his left and used a strong right hand to push the ball over the crossbar to keep the three points intact.

“Their keeper was definitely the more involved than ours today but he made one hell off a save from Danny Walder. It was going into the top corner. It was one hell off a save,” said Lovell.

“We had a couple more opportunities with balls into the box that didn’t fall for us.  At the end of the day, it’s a defeat but we’ve just got to take it on the chin and bounce on.”

Flisher said: “One thing that me and Frannie (Collin) did say, we’ve played with Danny Walder when he was at Hythe and Frannie played with him at Tonbridge.  We both said do NOT give any free-kicks around the edge of the box because he’s got one great delivery and two he can hit a free-kick, a dangerous free-kick anywhere he’s got a sight of goal. 

“I think there was a little deflection on the way through and Jack’s made a great reaction save to keep it out, so jack was excellent today.”

Herne Bay’s nine men kept plugging away with Heard hitting a long ball into the left-channel for Carvalho, who played the ball back to the otherwise quiet Heard, whose right-footed shot from outside the box bounced in front of the keeper, who dropped to his knees to hold within his midriff once again.

Lovell said: “They looked the more vulnerable to concede than we did and they had 11 and we had nine but they hung on and got their three points so good luck to them and can’t wait to play them again (26 March).”

Hythe Town were their usual resilient well-drilled machine and soaked up the pressure and claimed a big three points when the referee blew his full-time whistle (54:36).

“Just all over the pitch, I mean defensively apart from the first two minutes, after that I think we limited them to very little chances, shots from outside the box, long balls into the box, which as a back three of Liam Smith, Lex Allan and Jack Steventon, they’re brilliant at defending that sort of stuff,” said Flisher.

“Jack behind them was excellent. I just think all over the pitch, the energy, the enthusiasm. I think we could’ve been a bit better in the final third looking after the ball but at the end of the day to come away from here, a play-off contender, with three points is a great result.”

Ramsgate returned to the summit following their 4-0 home win over Ashford United to pick up 66 points from their 27 of 38 games.

Cray Valley suffered their first league defeat of the season, throwing away a 4-3 lead going into the 89th minute before losing two stoppage time goals to lose 5-4 at home to Three Bridges.  Steve McKimm’s Millers’ have picked up 64 points from their 27 games.

Sittingbourne remain in third-place with 57 points from 28 games, Lancing are in fourth-place with 51 points from 29 games, while Three Bridges are now in the play-offs with 47 points from their 28 games.

Herne Bay’s fourth home defeat of the season puts them in sixth-place tonight with 47 points (13 wins, eight draws, seven defeats) from 28 games, followed by Chichester City (44 points from 28 games), Sheppey United (40 points from 26 games), Hythe Town (39 points from 23 games) and Sevenoaks Town are in tenth-place with 36 points from 28 games.

Hythe Town are scheduled to welcome Cray Valley to Reachfields Stadium on Tuesday night.

“It’s three (league) wins in a row now. It’s good to get a bit of momentum going, so hopefully we can keep that going and if Tuesday’s off then we take that into next Saturday (at home to Horndean) and we keep the run going,” said Flisher.

“The thing with the (wet) weather that we had this morning and yesterday and how the pitch was on Tuesday, I think it’s probably unlikely to be on but if it is on, it will be a great game.

“Sometimes playing a team on a back of a loss can be bad but we’re on a roll of three (league) wins so it could work in a positive way that we can go into that with a bit of confidence.

“No one really likes coming to Hythe so we’ve got a very good home record that we have to keep up and we go from there.”

The Isthmian League decided not to play any midweek league games during the months of August and September and Flisher is concerned with the congested last two months of the season.

“I mean, it is what it is.  It’s very hard. I’ve said to a couple of boys earlier and Watty said in the week, we are likely to have games Saturday-Tuesday-Thursday towards the end.

“We’ve got to look after the boys as much as possible. If we can make games comfortable where we can get two or three nil up with 30 minutes to go, we can start bringing boys off and putting others on to look after them and keep them fresh but I’m my career when I was playing I don’t think I had anything that bad.

“The club have tried their best to keep the pitch as best as it can be.  It’s mental, it is mental. The FA Trophy run did put a lot of games back.

“It’s going to be tough on the boys.  Like what Watty said, it puts a bit of pressure on our play-off hopes because you have so many games in so little space and we’ve only got a very small squad.  With the amount of games that we have to play on our pitch, it’s not going to get any easier.”

When asked what it will mean to grab their place in the play-offs for the second successive season, Flisher said: “The boys have just got to try.  We’ve discussed it between us. It’s a very hard situation. There’s no way to get around it.

“It will mean a lot, especially with the run that we’ve got left. If we can get in there, with the games in hand, we’ve got points to gain but towards the end of the season playing so much the boys will end up wearing out but if you can go into the play-offs with so many games building up to it with the momentum and we do get there, it will help.

“I think Steve’s said many times, with the amount of games we’ve got left, it will be very difficult, so if we do get there, the boys’ would’ve done very well.”

Herne Bay, meanwhile, travel to Three Bridges next Saturday.

“At the start of the season, that’s what we wanted to do. We wanted to get the club in a position where we can be solid and solidify our existence in this league,” said Lovell.

“We’ve got 10 games to go and hopefully we have done that, so it’s a matter of pushing on now and trying to get as high as we can and if come the last three games of the season, we’ve still got a chance of getting in to the play-offs, then it will be a good last three games of the season.

“It’s still open. We’ve got 10 games to go, anything can happen. It’s still only a matter of goal-difference (to fifth-placed Three Bridges) so there’s a long way to go. We’ve just got to keep digging in and hopefully get a few more results.”

Looking ahead to next Saturday’s six-pointer at Three Bridges, Lovell said; “Tough game. It was a tough game here and we drew three-all here earlier in the season.

“They’re a good side, especially on their own patch. We go there and have a go. It’s all you can do. It’s a game of football. We’ll go there and try our best and if they perform, I look at the team that we’ve got, the squad that we’ve put together. If they go out and put out a performance every week, week-in-week-out and try their best and give everything that they can you can’t ask for any more and that’s all we’ve done this year.

“Every game we’ve done it. There’s not been one game I can come off and say the boys haven’t tried and haven’t given everything and that’s all you can do and if we continue doing that until the end of the season, then we’ve had a good year.

“The support has been brilliant. The club is a very good club and people are working so hard to get it back on its feet again and we’re all as one here at this club and it’s great to have the supporters here.

“I’m just disappointed that we could’ve give them anything but they showed their appreciation of the boys at the end because they know they’ve worked hard and have given everything and that’s all we can do.

“We work hard and they show us the support then we’ll carry on doing it.”

Herne Bay: Harry Brooks, Theo Osinfolarin, Gil Carvalho, Liam Friend, Frankie Smith, Harrison Pont, Danny Walder, Scott Heard, Michael Salako, Kane Rowland, Vance Bola.
Subs: Finlay Whitton, Tom Hanfrey, Carter Wilson, Daniel Carrington, Sam Wright

Goal: Kane Rowland 2

Booked: Liam Friend 25, Kane Rowland 29, Frankie Smith 58, Harrison Pont 62, Michael Salako 85

Sent Off:  Kane Rowland 69, Liam Friend 82

Hythe Town: Jack West-Astuti, Aaron Barnes, Kai Garande (Kane Phillip 71), Jack Steventon, Lex Allan, Liam Smith, Jake Embery (Jarred Trespaderne 81), Frannie Collin, Johan Caney-Bryan, Ethan Smith (Bradley Schafer 12), Joshua Wisson.
Subs: Joshua Stirman, Steven Phillips

Goals: Joshua Wisson 30, Aaron Barnes 45

Booked: Joshua Wisson 62, Johan Caney-Bryan 90

Attendance: 536
Referee: Mr Joseph Dann-Pye
Assistants: Mr Michael Corderoy & Mr Stuart Beadle