Deal Town 4-2 Glebe - We haven't won the league today but internally we know we've still got a lot of work to do, says title-chasing Deal Town boss Steve King

Saturday 23rd March 2024
Deal Town 4 – 2 Glebe
Location The Charles Sports Ground, St Leonards Road, Deal, Kent CT14 9AU
Kickoff 23/03/2024 15:00

Southern Counties East Football League Premier Division
Saturday 23 March 2024
Stephen McCartney reports from The Charles Sports Ground

DEAL TOWN manager Steve King insists the Southern Counties East Football League Premier Division title has not been won today after claiming a psychological win in this top-of-the-table clash against leaders Glebe.

Craig Nelson and Danny Oakins’ men arrived on the Kent coast on a 14 match unbeaten run – conceding only five goals in their last 13 outings and keeping eight clean sheets during this run and they would have extended their lead to nine points had they won.

Clinical Deal Town raced into a commanding 3-0 lead by scoring three goals in a devastating eight minute spell – which highlights their title-winning credentials.

They had to wait until the 31st minute for Ashley Miller’s headed opener, before midfielder Billy Munday rifled in his 16th goal of the season, before central striker Aaron Millbank notched his 23rd goal of the season with a sublime finish from 35-yards on the angle.

The last three goals of the game were scored by centre-halves.

The Chislehurst-based outfit pulled a goal back from Jamie Coyle’s header before Deal Town’s Alex Green slotted in a counter-attacking goal before Glebe’s Aaron Goode headed in a set-piece to complete the scoring.

“A really good day for us, a good performance, obviously a very important win against decent opposition,” said King.

“We know Glebe are a really good side.  I thought first half we were excellent.  Second half was a little bit scrappy but I think that happens when you’re winning a game.  You’re in that sort of stick or twist situation of what do you do but I thought we managed it pretty well in the end.

“A massive crowd were here today, we scored some great goals for us and a brilliant day for us.”

The Glebe management team declined to comment on their first league defeat since losing 3-2 at Holmesdale on 23 December, so sent out their analyst for post-match media duties.

“Very frustrating afternoon from our point of view because we had a game-plan and we didn’t quite stick to what we wanted to do but all credit to Deal, they’re very, very efficient at what they do,” said Ross Wornham.

“Over a thousand people in here, so we knew it was going to be a noisy afternoon, so all credit to them, they got the job done and good luck to them for the rest of the season.

“I mean, we knew it was going to be a tough game and we knew they would get the ball in good areas and they always ask constant questions, so it was about if we concede one, can we weather the storm after that and unfortunately we didn’t today.

“We conceded three in eight minutes so gave ourselves a big uphill battle but I thought we responded quite well in the second half. We got the early goal and had a chance to potentially make it 3-2 and that could’ve made the game different but credit to Deal, they soaked up the pressure, countered us and got another one and put the game to bed.”

This was a significant day for Deal Town as they attracted a crowd of 1,086 for this ninth-tier fixture, while their National League South sixth-tier neighbours Dover Athletic could only attract 565 for their 3-1 defeat to Farnborough at Crabble.

It was the first attendance of over 1,000 fans for a league game in Deal since 11 November 1965, when the club were in their third and final campaign in the Southern League Division One.

“We just want to put on the best product we can. It’s about us making sure that everybody that comes to watch us are entertained and is looked after by the football club and has a good day,” said King, who revealed the club attracted just 62 for his first game at the club back in January 2015.

“I think everybody who came to watch the game today, it was a good game, it was an entertaining game and I think a thousand people here would’ve had a good day.

“Look, if we can keep increasing our crowds that’s going to be important. We don’t have people putting money into the football club so we have to generate it ourselves.”

Deal Town started the game on the front foot and were to be denied by the legs of Glebe goalkeeper Nathan Edwards at his near-post after 146 seconds, following the first of nine corners.

Glebe dealt with Jack Penny’s right-wing delivery before the ball was cleared out to Green, who switched the ball back over to Penny, who floated a deep cross with his left-foot towards the back post where Miller’s low drive from just outside the corner of the six-yard box was blocked by the former Holmesdale stopper.

“I thought we started brightly, we’re pretty good at that.  We started nice and brightly and we were on top,” said King.

“They had quite a lot of the ball in the first half without really creating a huge amount.  We had five corners (in the first 13 minutes) which is usually a sign of a good start, so I was pleased with that and obviously the goals came as well.”

Wornham added: “Cat’s been fantastic all season to be perfectly honest and he’s a big part in why we’ve kept so many clean sheets in the last 14 games. He’s made brilliant save after brilliant save so it’s nothing we don’t expect from him.”

Glebe played out from the back and Coyle played the ball short to Tom Hever who lost the ball on the edge of his penalty area before winger Tom Chapman drilled his first-time shot just past the right-hand post from 25-yards.

King added: “It was a good strike. I would’ve liked it to have gone in.  I think that just showed our intent at the start of the game to be on the front foot trying to nick the ball, which was good.”

Glebe were offering very little in attack and they lost right-back Jargal Enkh to an injury to his right knee in the 20th minute – after going in to tackle Ben Chapman on the halfway line – which gave Ali Fofanah a chance to be introduced from the subs bench to play in behind lone striker Jamie Philpot.

Glebe weathered the early storm and the game then turned into a cagey battle and Coyle created a half-chance just before the half-hour mark following the first of six Glebe corners.

The impressive left-winger Jason Banton swung the ball in from the left which failed to beat the first man before left-back Darion Dowrich rolled the ball back to Banton, who whipped in a deep cross towards Coyle, whose towering header bounced into the gloves of Adam Molloy.

When asked about Banton’s performance, Wornham said: “Bants haws been a very good addition halfway through the season for us. He always picks up the ball in very good areas and he’s always very direct and nine times out of 10 puts a cross in exactly where you want him to, so he’s been a brilliant outlet to us.”

King added: “When the top two sides in the division are playing each other, we would like to go out and dominate.  I’ve spoken to you after FA Vase games and when you get to the latter stages and you’re playing evenly-matched teams, there’s always going to be periods when it’s going to get a little bit cagey.

“The most pleasing thing for me, especially first half when it got cagey, we didn’t really give any chances away, whereas when we got on top, we created chances and I thought that was the difference.  When they had a lot of the ball we sort of contained them quite well and when we got the ball we got forward and we actually looked more dangerous and that was probably the difference in the first half.”

Deal Town broke the stalemate with 30 minutes and 24 seconds on the clock, with Glebe getting a couple of touches to the ball following the home side’s sixth corner.

Penny swung the ball in from the right and the ball was cleared away.

Green recycled the ball back into the box before Penny floated in a precise left-footed cross towards the back post towards the unmarked Miller, who cushioned his header across the diving keeper to find the far corner from 10-yards.

“A good cross, a good header, really pleased with it, good quality,” said King, whose side have not lost at home since Snodland Town won 3-0 here on 24 October.

“Ash has been absolutely outstanding for us since we signed him (from Faversham Town).  His work-rate, his quality, he’s been excellent so for him to score a really important goal for us, I was delighted for him.

“We’ve got a pretty decent record when we go in front, so we knew the first goal was going to be important and we were delighted to get it.”

Wornham added: “From a coaches perspective, we’re quite frustrated because we deal with the first initial ball very well and then we’ve all sort of run out without actually anticipating the second ball in and left someone as dangerous as Ashley Miller in the box unmarked. There’s every chance it’s going to end up in the back of your net and unfortunately for us, that was the case.”

Deal Town scored their second goal of the game with their next goalscoring chance, timed at 34 minutes and 12 seconds.

Glebe were pressed on the edge of their box and Dowrich had his pocket pinched by Tom Chapman before Green (who was inside the Glebe penalty area for a set-piece) laid the ball inside to Munday, who took a touch before rifling his right-footed shot into the top right-hand corner from 20-yards.

“Alex Green was up there, it was the second phase of a set-piece.  Alex set it back to the top of the box and it was a great tough and a great finish into the top corner from Billy.

“Sixteen goals from Bill, unbelievable, isn’t it? He does it consistently as well. His quality is very good.”

Wornham added: “I mean, if you’re going to win a league sometimes it takes luck and a lot of the time it takes a lot of quality, which we know Deal have, so you can’t gift the ball to them in dangerous areas because they will punish you as you’ve seen for the second and the third goal, strikes from distance.”

Glebe were left shell-shocked when Deal Town scored their third goal with 38 minutes and 14 seconds on the clock.

Green hit a long ball out of defence and into the left-channel for Munday to flick on and the ball came back to Millbank and his right-footed angle drive from 35-yards sailed over the diving Edwards and into the roof of the net in the centre of his goal.

“Goal of the season, that one, isn’t it. He just caught it lovely. What a great goal, what a great goal,” said King.

“He’s been brilliant for us all season, leads the line outstandingly and he scored a couple like that but that’s the best one he’s scored – but a great strike and you’re on cloud nine at that point.

“I’m not going to lie, you’re in a very strong position aren’t you. I’m not saying we were three goals better at that point but we were clinical.  I thought the difference in the first half was that we looked threatening going forward and they had a lot of the ball without turning it into chances and I thought we did that well and then we actually took them.”

Wornham admitted: “Again, just from our point of view, we felt we dealt with the first ball initially and switched off for the seconds but I mean credit where it’s due, it’s a great hit from a long way down.

“We spoke to the keeper and he said it moved a lot.  The quality of Cat, he wanted to save it, so it shows how good it actually was. If he can beat a keeper of his quality from there, so credit to him.”

When asked how he was feeling at being 3-0 down in a top-of-the-table clash, Wornham replied: “Sort of how did we get here, if I’m perfectly honest because we’ve done a lot of prep and we knew what was going to happen but that’s what happens in these sort of games sometimes when you’re playing a good team and you have to ride a wave and weather the storm.

“We had a strong belief at half-time that we could still get back into it.  I thought we started the second half well because of that and that’s the reason why we’re up there too because everyone in there wanted to fight for each other.  Unfortunately, we just come up short on the day.”

Shell-shocked Glebe created a goalscoring chance with 46:04 on the clock when central midfielder Michael Adepojo broke through the heart of the pitch before playing the ball into nine-goal Fofanah, who placed his right-footed shot just past the foot of the left-hand post from 22-yards.

“Ali’s been really good for us this season.  Unfortunately for him he’s been in and out of the team because of injury so every time he starts hitting a bit of form, he might nick an injury and has to get back up to fitness again,” explained Wornham.

“Maybe a fully fit and sharp Ali normally buries that but he knows how good he is and how good he can be and I’m sure there’s more goals to come from him.”

King added: “They’re always going to have chances.  You’ve got Jamie Philpot, who is one of the best strikers in the division up there.  They’re a real threat Glebe but I thought we defended really well first half. I was really pleased with us.”

There was still time for Miller to feed an unmarked Millbank, who got in behind Coyle and swept his shot on the turn from 15-yards, which was tipped around the post by Edwards, diving low to his right.

“Another great strike, a good save.  I felt a little bit sorry for the goalkeeper because he had absolutely no chances with the three goals and he’s made a good save there to stop if being 4-0 at half-time,” added King.

Both King and Wornham were asked their thoughts at the interval.  King explained why he replaced Ben Chapman and Penny.

King said: “It’s a really difficult team-talk isn’t it because we didn’t want the half-time.  We would’ve been quite happy to play 90 minutes all the way through.

“The usual messages really, trying to stay focused, try not to give anything away cheap. We knew they were going to come at us.

“We had to make a couple of substitutions. They came into the game as doubts but it was such a big game.  Ben’s not played the last couple, we’ve left him on the bench and we just knew at half-time that they were going to seize up and a little bit of preventative.  As much as we wanted to win today’s game, we know we’ve got 11 more games and at 3-0 we brought some fresh legs on.

“We were planning to bring them off after 60 minutes anyway so we made the decision to make it a little bit earlier but they’re not serious injuries. It’s just muscular problems.”

Wornham added: “It was just looking at ourselves saying yes, we’re playing against a very good side, but we think we’ve beaten ourselves out there.

“We’re naturally a ball-playing side. We want to get the ball down and play out but on that pitch it was probably to our detriment that we were trying to do it but we were playing in areas and it was bobbling up and they were pressing high and well and they were getting it.

“It was basically try and go a little bit more direct and put the pressure back onto them, make them have to defend and make mistakes but ultimately it was forget what’s happened now. The belief is we can go out there and still try and get a result out of this game and unfortunately we came up short.”

The home side created a couple of goalscoring chances inside the opening five minutes but substitute striker Rory Smith and Tom Chapman were to be denied by two fine saves from Edwards.

Smith was released down the right and cut along the by-line and was to be denied by the keeper at his near-post, while Edwards dived high to his right to flick winger Tom Chapman’s shot around the post after Adepoju gave the ball away on the edge of his penalty area.

“I thought we started the second half exactly how we wanted to.  We didn’t come out of the blocks slow, we started well and we’ve given a goal away and that gave them a lift,” said King.

“There was a little passage of that second half, I thought we started well up until they scored and then they scored and they had a good spell them. Adam Molloy made a good save to stop it going 3-2 then we go 4-1 and we’re pretty comfortable and then they go back 4-2 and then it gets a little bit edgy.

“The important thing for us was making sure we won the game but it didn’t need to look pretty second half. We just had to make sure that we did enough.  I thought in the end we were pretty comfortable.”

Wornham added: “I think we sort of expected that they might come out of the blocks firing anyway because if they get a fourth one, it probably does kill the game completely flat there and then.

“With over a thousand people in supporting them, I’m sure they’re feeling the buzz of the crowd to go and get that one so Nathan’s done brilliant for us by keeping them out and we’ve managed to get one back shortly afterwards.”

Glebe, however, pulled a goal back following their fourth corner of the game, the goal timed at seven minutes and 37 seconds on the clock.

Banton floated a deep corner from the left which was retrieved by right-back Hever, who played a one-two with winger Anthony Adesite before Hever recycled the ball back into the box and Coyle was left unmarked at the near-post to send his diving header into the right-hand corner from 10-yards to score his third goal for the club.

Wornham revealed: “We looked at a lot of footage of Deal and we felt like if we could put the ball in a certain areas that we could get a lot of joy out of it.

“Unfortunately, we only done it twice today but they both ended up in the back of the net, so we didn’t do it enough. A brilliant cross from Hever and then Coylie in the air, we know how good he is and how effective he is. It was never in doubt when we saw it was him on the end of it.”

Coyle is rated by many as being Glebe’s most important signing of the season and Wornham praised the 40-year-old.

“Leadership, experience, quality. He just gives us a bit of everything.  We’ve got quite a young squad so someone like him, who has been there and done it and been round the block. He’s very experienced and very, very talented.  He just gives us that lift and a bit of communication and he’s tightened us up at the back and I think that’s shown in our results.”

King added: “I’ve said this to you before, I don’t like publicly having a go at people but I will be watching that on the video because I’m not quite sure what’s happened so it was a really disappointing goal from my point of view, one that we don’t normally concede.

“It was a good cross and a good header from them but for someone to have that much space in the box, it’s not like us.

“I’ve said to the boys, the goals we’ve conceded don’t matter right now. They deserve to enjoy (the win) but before we get in on Tuesday, we’ll make sure we’ve done the analysis and make sure that hopefully doesn’t happen again because both of their goals were poor from us.”

Molloy pulled off a big save in the 55th minute to prevent Glebe pulling a second goal back.

Winger Adesite’s fine through ball put 27-goal Philpot through on goal but Molloy dived to his left to smother the ball and Philpot had a second bite of the cherry but failed to take it from a tight angle as the home side managed to clear their lines.

Wornham said: “On the bench we were all praying for that one to hit the back of the net because we’re thinking if that goes 3-2, we looked at the clock and there were still 36 odd minutes left and we felt like we would be in the ascendancy then and it there would be time for us to go and get another one and see where we end up but unfortunately, it wasn’t to be.

“Jamie’s been fantastic for us all season. He’s always up there scoring tons of goals for us, so we probably let him off for missing one today.”

King added: “That’s why I brought Adam to the club. I think he’s the best goalkeeper in the league. He’s proven that over the last two or three years, winning the league everywhere he’s been.

“I knew him from his youth-team days and when we lost Henry Newcombe at Christmas, I was delighted to bring him in because he makes saves like that.

“Three-two that then gets very nervy. He makes that great save.  I’m not going to say it’s a match defining moment because we were still winning the game but it’s a crucial save and that’s why I wanted to get him to the football club.”

Glebe were now enjoying a good spell and Fofana swept the ball out to Banton, who whipped in a cross-shot from just inside the corner of the penalty area, which bounced into Molloy’s midriff for a comfortable save.

But a miss-placed pass from Goode allowed Deal Town to counter and kill the game off by scoring their fourth goal of the game with 25 minutes and 17 seconds on the clock.

The centre-half played a ball along the deck into the middle, which was intercepted by Green, who drove through the heart of the pitch before playing the ball into the final third to substitute striker Wes Hennessey.

The dual-registered Ramsgate player then put it on a plate for Green, who slotted a right-footed shot through Edwards legs into the centre of the goal from 12-yards, to score his first goal of the season. A clinical finish that any striker would’ve been proud off.

“It was a brilliant right-footed finish,” said King.

“Greenie’s still got a lot of learning to do but since he signed for us last Christmas he’s been fantastic. He doesn’t let a mistake bother him, he keeps going and I was delighted he got that goal.  He was positive and I’ve got nothing but good things to say about Greenie.

“He took a risk when he left Dover to come and join us. He could’ve sat around and sat in their squad but he came down and he’s benefited. He’s probably played nearly 100 games of first-team football now. He’s still only a young boy and if we do manage to get promoted at the end of the season, then he’ll be a key player for us as we move up the divisions.

“When I signed him, I always said he will always play at a higher level of football and the aim was it will hopefully be with us and help us progress and I’m delighted with him and that goal was very good.”

Wornham added: “It was frustrating for a manager’s point of view because it was like something that we spoke about, not trying to over-play in the wrong areas on a pitch that didn’t really suit us.

“We tried to punch it in the middle of the park, they’ve read it and nicked it and they’ve countered and scored.  They’ve just been a very prolific side all season.”

Holding midfielder Macauley Murray floated a free-kick from the centre-circle into the Glebe penalty area where centre-half Alfie Foster rose above Goode to head over Edwards crossbar, before Glebe completed the scoring with 34:26 on the clock following a set-piece.

Fofanah floated the ball in from the right towards the near-post where Goode buried his free-header past a flat-footed Molloy into the top right-hand corner, to paper over the cracks of a sloppy performance from the centre-half in the number 20 shirt.

“Again, it’s something that we’ve worked on. We knew that if we could get it into the right areas and we have the right delivery, we believe we could get on the end of a lot of crosses and put the ball in the back of the net,” said Wornham.

“It just so happens today that we felt the two crosses that we’re put in with real quality did end up in the back of the net. If we could’ve done it a bit more, maybe we could’ve clawed something, but it wasn’t to be.”

King added: “We had just subbed Millbank and it was Millbank’s man and I don’t think we got organised quickly enough. They did take the free-kick quickly and it was a great free-kick but that’s poor from us.

“At 4-1, that was a little bit of defensive complacency just snuck in and we didn’t get organised quickly enough but we’ll learn from that on another day but not today. We won’t worry about that today.  It’s frustrating, I like to keep clean-sheets but our aim from half-time onwards was to make sure we won the game and we did that.”

Philpot wasted a glorious chance to make the final five minutes interesting, following a set-piece from inside the centre-circle.

Coyle (who finished the game up front as Glebe pushed bodies forward) floated the ball straight down the middle, the ball was flicked on by Adepoju and Philpot dinked a right-footed shot from within a crowd of players on the edge of the penalty area, which was straight at Molloy, who made a comfortable catch.

Wornham said: “I think on the bench we would’ve liked him to have gone with it with his laces, give the keeper a little bit less time.

“Jamie’s scored a bagful of goals for us over the last two or three seasons, so who are we to say what he should do in front of goal because usually it comes off.  I’m sure Jamie will be in the goals from now until the end of the season for us.”

King said: “Look, they haven’t lost since December, they’ve lost four league games all season and they’re going to have spells.  People like Jamie Coyle and Jamie Philpot are quality players.

“From our point of view, it’s just managing those spells.  We’ve lost some of our best aerial threats, they had to go off and stuff like that but you’re going to soak up a bit of pressure.

“I’m not going to moan about the two goals conceded because we knew how tough a test it was going to be today.  We didn’t come into today with any fear but their (form, unbeaten run, clean-sheet totals) just showed how good we had to be and to score four goals, all credit to the players and to everyone in that dressing room.”

Glebe kept plugging away, however, and Edwards big kick released Goode, who charged towards the by-line before cutting the ball back to Philpot, who sliced his shot wide from the edge of the penalty area on the left-hand side.

Referee Jack Smith played five minutes and 15 seconds of stoppage time in the first half and seven minutes and 3 seconds in the second half, as Deal Town proved why they are favourites to claim their first league title since Tommy Sampson’s FA Vase Wembley Winners in 2000.  They have now closed the gap to three points but with seven games in hand on Glebe with 11 league games to cram into the last 35 days of the season.

Glebe have played the most games (36) and have picked up 73 points, while Deal Town remain in second-place with 70 points from their 29 league outings.

Michael Golding has guided Corinthian to third-place with 70 points from 34 games, while big-spending Faversham Town are in fourth-place with 65 points from 34 games and were held to a 2-2 home draw by second-from-bottom side Rusthall.

Erith Town (59 points from 32 games) are hanging on to the final play-off berth after losing 1-0 at home to Whitstable Town (who are in sixth-place with 58 points from 34 games).

Lydd Town (56 points from 32 games), Bearsted (56 points from 32 games), Snodland Town (55 points from 31 games) and Punjab United (52 points from 30 games) cannot be ruled out of grabbing a play-off place.

King’s men welcome bottom-side Welling Town (17 points from 32 games) to the Charles Sports Ground on Tuesday night.

King said: “We are fully aware, let me be very clear, there’s still a lot of hard work to do and don’t get me wrong, today is a massive result for us. I think psychologically it’s a big result. It’s a massive result having over a thousand people here and winning because a lot of them will come back on Tuesday, come back next week (when Sutton Athletic visit).

“But we haven’t won the league today and I want to be really clear about that.  Everyone outside the football club will say we have. I’m fully aware of that. Internally we know we’ve still got a lot of work to do.  We’ve never got ahead of ourselves and I can promise you, that we certainly won’t now.

“We’re going to respect Welling Town and Sutton in our next two games massively and if we can get six points, then we’re closer.

“We don’t know what we’re going to get but we’re going to ensure that we’re going to get the Welling that drew one-all at Glebe last week.  If we get the Welling that lost 7-0 (at home to Lydd Town today) or 10-1 at Hollands & Blair, then we’ll still be professional in our job but we’ll be preparing that we’re going to have the side that took points off Glebe last week and we’ll prepare properly and do everything properly between now and Tuesday and it’s another three points that we’re going to get.”

When asked how his side will cope with the fixture congestion – which would have been eased if midweek League fixtures were scheduled during the first three months of the season, King replied: “We’ll try and do everything professionally in terms of our recovery and we do the supplements and the nutrition stuff we do.

“We do have a decent squad so we can make changes.  When you’ve got Wes Hennessey and Rory Smith, people like that coming off the bench today, it shows the strength of our squad.  We’ll use our full squad and honestly just a bit of guts and a bit of b*****ks to get over the line.

“You’ve got eight weeks to rest in the summer so it’s the time of the season where we get the boys out and give me whatever you’ve got.  When the season ends they can have a good rest and rest up.”

Glebe, meanwhile, have only four league games left to play, starting with a home clash against Chipie Sian’s Punjab United on Easter Monday, 1 April.
“From our point of view, if we could’ve gone nine points clear, it would’ve been nice,” admitted Wornham, who was asked about the title race.

“I mean, a team of Deal’s quality, they probably would’ve closed that gap anyway but games come thick and fast in this league so points on the board are always good to have because it puts the pressure back on them and credit to them.

“We were 14 unbeaten and we’ve come here today and they’ve done a professional job and they’ve taken the points.

“For us, its frustrating but we can only control what we can control. Go and win as many games as we can between now and the rest of the season and we can see what happens.

“It’s the business end to the season where teams have got a lot to fight for, so even teams down the bottom have got a lot to fight for, as shown last week when Welling (held us to a 1-1 draw at Foxbury Avenue).

“Punjab are a very good side. We went to their place earlier on in the season and they were very, very tough. They’re a good side, they play good football and there’s no easy games in this league.

“I think if you would’ve said at the start of the season we wanted to be in and around the promotion places.

“With being top for so long, it might feel a little bit gutting to now be potentially be in the (play-off) places but success for us is about building up as a club and improve on what we can improve and ultimately if we can go up, whether that can be automatic or through the play-off places, that will be a brilliant result for the club.”

Deal Town: Adam Molloy, Joe Reeves, Jack Penny (Ifeoluwa Oni 46), Macauley Murray, Alfie Foster, Alex Green, Ashley Miller (Liam Hark 73), Ben Chapman (Rory Smith 46), Aaron Millbank (Jamie Kennedy 78, Billy Munday, Tom Chapman (Wes Hennessey 58).

Goals: Ashley Miller 31, Billy Munday 35, Aaron Millbank 39, Alex Green 71

Glebe: Nathan Edwards, Jargal Enkh (Ali Fofanah 20), Darion Dowrich, Parish Muirhead, Jamie Coyle, Aaron Goode, Jason Banton (Malachi Morris 70), Michael Adepoju, Jamie Philpot, Tom Hever (Jonathan Erhabor 78), Anthony Adesite (Marcel McDonald 60).
Sub: Nathan Mampono

Goals:  Jamie Coyle 53, Aaron Goode 80

Booked:  Marcel McDonald 65

Attendance: 1,086
Referee:  Mr Jack Smith
Assistants: Mr Thomas Amber & Mr Reece Cahalane