Tuesday 11th November 2003

Late goal saves Chatham
Chatham Town 1  Ramsgate 1
MUSH Kent Youth League Under 18 (South)
Sunday 9th November 2003
Match report by John Vahid, Ramsgate FC

Ramsgate under strength side should have taken all three points in an entertaining match at Chatham Town's Garrison Ground last Sunday.

Ramsgate Under 18s' probably played their best football of the season so far, but only came home with one point.

Ramsgate dominated long periods of the first half, although the home side hit the woodwork twice in a purple patch just before half time.

On the half hour Ramsgate should have taken the lead, when forward Billy Summers was put clean though only for his shot to fall tamely into the goalkeepers arms.

HT 0-0

In the second half, the game flowed from end to end with both teams creating numerous chances, although of the two keepers, the home keeper was the busier.
With 84 minutes on the clock, Ramsgate struck what seemed to be the winner, when a Ramsgate set piece was scrambled home by OLIVER DONOHOE.

With injury time being played Ramsgate thought the game was won, only to be denied three points when a harmless free kick allowed the home side to score with a scrappy goal.

In the end the Ramsgate Manager was pleased with the way his young team had played and in  particularly praised man of the match midfield player Tim McArthur. The only shame was the loss of two points which would have seen
Ramsgate climb to 3rd in the table.

Next Sunday 16th November Ramsgate under 18's are away to Deal Town in a rearranged League fixture. 

Ramsgate:    Lee Pilcher; James Grainger (64 min. Clayton Barnett); Andrew Hadden; Kieran Morris (Capt); Emlyn Taylor; Matt Adams; Oliver Donohoe; Tim McArthur; Billy Summers; Ross Howells: Stuart Elliot (79 min Sam Phillips). 
Subs used: Kenny Pratt  

Extra time goal ends Ramsgate's cup run
Ramsgate 1  Thamesmead Town 2 (after extra time)
Under 16s
Sunday 9th November 2003
Match report by Bob Haynes, Ramsgate FC
Ramsgate Under 16's narrowly missed out on progression in the K.C.F.A. Cup at Southwood on Sunday, falling victims to a late goal 5 minutes from the end of extra time against a strong Thamesmead outfit.

Ramsgate took the lead early in the first half with a goal from centre back Sam Haynes and looked as if they would add to their lead as half time approached. To their credit, Thamesmead came out after the break with all guns blazing and
scrambled an equaliser 10 minutes from time.

Extra time was an exciting affair with end-to-end action and just as a replay looked inevitable a hopeful Thamesmead shot was deflected past the Ramsgate keeper leaving the home side deflated at the final whistle despite huge pressure
to score in the dying minutes.

Next Sunday the Under 16's are away to Dartford in the semi-final of the Kent League cup and will be hoping for a great performance to mirror their consistent league form.