Thursday 01st September 2005
The Kent Website
Supporting Kentish Football

Saturday 4th
December 2004
Go Travel Kent League
Premier Division
Darrell Harman reports from North Dane Way
Lordswood 1 Peck 61
Sporting Bengal United 2 Uddin 64, Hall 73

Lords slump to bottom

With Greenwich Borough winning 1-0 at Hythe Town, Lordswood slumped to the bottom of the Go Travel Kent League Premier Division after losing their seventh league game of the season to Sporting Bengal United.

Lordswood, however, came out a lot quicker than they have in previous games and after eleven minutes Andy Doerr saw his curling shot from the edge of the penalty area palmed away by visiting goalkeeper Zamen but unfortunately no-one was there to follow up.

Four minutes later another free kick on the edge of the penalty area saw Richard Radbourne drive a shot just wide of the post.  Another chance came Lordswood's way when Adam Overton's corner found Sean Hetterley and his shot was saved.

Sporting Bengal's first chance came in the 32nd minute when Daniel Gabriel, running onto a long ball into the area, beat the onrushing Lords goalkeeper Scott Muttock but the ball went past the post and a corner was given.

Two minutes later, Gabriel latched onto a long ball and his cross shot from the right hand side beat everyone and went out for a goal kick.

The second half, however, saw a reverse of the first as Sporting Bengal came out quicker and in the 49th minute Ryan Hall, wide on the left inside the penalty area, struck a cross-shot which was palmed by Muttock and cleared away.

In the 57th minute Ben Morris set Prince Pipim up inside the penalty area and his shot on the run went wide of the post under pressure from defender Neil Crust.

Lordswood finally sparked and in the 61st minute they took the lead when Overton's corner was cleared back and the ball came back in where three Lordswood players beat the offisde flag and substitute Gary Peck headed in from six yards.

The East Londoners, however, replied straight away and in the 64th minute the ball was played across the area found Saim Uddin who slotted home from six yards.

Nine minutes later they took the lead when a corner came across to the far post and from ten yards Ryan Hall scored.

Lordswood almost equalised when Scott Bucklen, on the edge of the penalty box, received the ball and passed squarely to Sean Hetterley, whose shot was turned around the post for a corner.

A minute later the ball was played to Bucklen on the left who knocked it straight to Doerr who crossed to the near post where Hetterley nipped in front of a defender but his flicked shot went past the post.

The visitors almost netted a third goal in the final minute when Abdoul Hussain received the ball on the left but his volley went just over the bar.

Lordswood: Muttock, Dengate, Russell, Crust, Radbourne (Sharp 78), Overton (Broad 78), Brown, Freeman (Peck 45), Doerr, Bucklen, Hetterley.  Subs: Almond, Backshall